CDM-UK were contracted to carry out refurbishment works within a large care home in Shettleston, Glasgow. The goal of this project was to provide a fresh new look to the carehome to create ab better living environment for its residents. Works were carried out in the majority of areas within the home including Reception areas, corridors, bedrooms and ensuite bathrooms, several lounges, dining rooms, a new Hair Salon, Bath & Shower Rooms. Along with this there was the conversion of a former Storage Room into a new Games Room, a former lounge into a new Cafe and a former Smoking Room into a new Life Station.
The refurbishment works carried out within these areas comprised of:
- Preparing all walls and ceilings for decoration inclusive of sanding and filling.
- Preparing all woodwork in communal areas for decoration
- Full decoration throughout walls of the home with multiple coats of both undercoat and coloured emulsion.
- Multiple coats of white emulsion to ceilings throughout the home.
- Decoration of woodwork throughout inclusive of Handrails, Doors and Skirting.
- The removal and disposal of existing vinyl in WCs, Shower Rooms, Hair Salon, Dining Rooms and Lounges.
- Application of self levelling screed and fitting of new vinyl in all above areas.
- The removal and disposal of existing carpets in Corridors, Bedrooms and Reception Areas.
- Application of self levelling screed and fitting of new carpet tiles to spec in above areas.
- Supply and fitting of new kitchen units and work tops in dining areas.
- Creation of new bulkheads and tiling within ensuite bathrooms.
- Rooms were reconfigured with the removal and reinstatement of walls to create 8 new en-suite rooms.
- To carry services for the above en-suites, CDM were asked not to use maserator pumps to carry water due to concerns with noise. CDM were on hand to inspect and find another solution, creating picture frame alcoves which house new redirected pipeowork to supply services to existing stacks.
All works were carried out while the care home was operational, CDM-UK worked with care home management to ensure there was as little disruption during our works as possible.